Under the Obama health care program, the decision as to whether a patient will or will not get health care will be based on “cost-effectiveness”. This cost-effectiveness will be determined as follows: Divide the cost of the medical procedure by the number of years the patient is likely to live. The resulting ratio will determine if the patient receives the procedure or not.
If the patient is young with a long life expectancy (say 50 years), the government will divide the cost of his medical procedure by 50 and get a relatively low “cost-effectiveness” number.
However, for a senior citizen needing the same procedure, who has relatively short life expectancy (say, 10 years) and no years left to be “productive” in the global economy–the resulting “cost-effectiveness” number will be relatively high. For the senior citizen, the cost of the medical procedure will be divided by 10 years and the resulting cost-effectiveness number will be five time higher than that of the youngster with the 50 year life expectancy.
Result? The youth will get the medical procedure; the senior citizen may not.
In an extreme case, the government may choose to provide medical care to a young thug and deny that same care to a senior citizen who worked hard and obeyed the law all of his life. Health care will not be rationed according to your worth as a man or woman; it will be rationed according to your age.
(If hard work won’t guarantee your access to health care when you’re retired, why bother to work hard? Obama-care will help create a system of values similar to those under the former Soviet Union where the people used to joke, “They pretend to pay us; we pretend to work.”)
• From an economic perspective, health care rationing program is logical and makes every bit as much sense as the order issued on sinking ships regarding access to lifeboats: “Women and children first!” It’s more important to protect our youth than our senior citizens.
Nevertheless, the idea of rationing health care necessarily means:
1) Obama-care is based on the presumption that “free health care” will be not be “supplied” in proportion to the demand, but will instead remain in short supply and therefore be rationed. I.e., Obama-care does not propose to hire more doctors to meet our nation’s growing health care needs. (In fact, as you’ll read below, Obama-care may actually reduce the supply of doctors so dramatically, that no one over 40 may be able to get to a doctor.)
2) The insufficient supply of health care services will be rationed and therefore not available for some people.
3) Obama-care will not merely allow but will indirectly cause the deaths of senior citizens.
4) Our government is implementing a health care program that will inevitably reduce the average American’s life expectancy. We aren’t going to have more doctors; we’ll instead have more premature deaths.
• Reason and rationality aside, there is something extremely disturbing about instituting a medical care system that’s certain to cause most Americans to die prematurely.
Knowingly shortening the American people’s lives is contrary to fundamental Christian and American values. It’s contrary to the American Dream.
Yes, there may be times when the elderly must be sacrificed to save the young, but those times and decisions to do so should not be implemented and enforced by law. There is something chilling about the establishment of a government program that will necessarily and knowingly cause American people to die. At base, such health care program is not so far removed from the Nazi’s “final solution” for dealing with Jews.
Once the government sanctions the premature deaths for anyone, who will be safe? Obama-care is instituting a system of values that may ultimately justify killing anyone, any group, any race.
• Obama-care is wrong. It masquerades as providing more “life” to everyone. In fact, it provides an earlier death. Obama-care is a perversion of fundamental American and Christian values.
What’s the doctor’s motto–”Do thy patient no harm”? Today’s doctor’s motto may soon become, “Do thy senior citizens no good.”
• And, oh–by the way–by “rationing” according to age and thereby depriving senior citizens of their health care needs, the government will not only cause seniors to die prematurely, they’ll also reduce the government pension obligations. In the end, government will have to pay a lot less So-So Security to someone who dies at age 70 (or better yet, 60) than they’ll have to pay if that same person lives to 85.
I’ve said for several years that:
1) The total national debt is too great to ever be repaid.
2) What can’t be paid, won’t be paid.
3) There are three ways for government to get out from under its monstrous, unpayable debt:
a) declare national bankruptcy;
b) inflate the currency so as to pay the creditors with cheaper dollars; and,
c) kill the creditors.
Government will not admit it’s bankrupt except under the most extreme conditions (perhaps in the midst of a shooting revolution).
Government has been working mightily (with Quantitative Easing 1 & 2) to cause enough inflation to reduce the value of the dollar and thereby reduce the real size of the national debt obligation. So far, those governmental attempts to inflate the currency have been largely frustrated by the simultaneous forces of deflation that are loose and perhaps predominant in our depressed economy.
That leaves “killing the creditors” as the most viable solution to the government’s national debt. These creditors are not just bond holders or foreign governments. The creditors include those Americans who’ve worked hard and paid into So-So Security for the past 40 years in expectation of retiring at 65 with guaranteed government financial support for the remainder of their “golden years”. Because retirees paid into the government coffers, and because the government promised to support them in their old age, those millions of retirees on So-So Security are among the government’s creditors.
If something could cause those creditors/retirees to die prematurely, the government’s national debt might be significantly reduced. Obama-care will cause the premature deaths of many, perhaps millions, of senior citizens.
From the government’s economic perspective, once you folks stop producing and paying into So-So Security–and instead start taking your retirement pensions–the sooner you die, the better. Nothin’ personal; just bidness.
• Here’s a video by a doctor who understands what’s coming under Obama-care and claims that he and nearly half the country’s doctors are preparing to quit medicine before Obama-care becomes the law in A.D. 2013.
If half the doctors quit in protest, the supply of health care to be rationed may shrink so much that even people over 40 won’t be able to get health care.
The bastards in the cat-house on the Potomac are preparing to cull the herd.